Welcome to the Missouri Pacific Historical Society website. Whether this is your first visit or your 100th we hope that you will clearly see why we proudly promote the rich heritage of the mighty MoPac, Texas & Pacific, C&EI, Missouri-Illinois, the KO&G as well as the whole MP family of railroads. We warmly extend our invitation to you to join the Society and help keep this history alive.
Project 1000 is an effort to increase membership in the MPHS. As the name suggests, our goal is to reach a membership of 1000 within the next year. Here's how membership revenues are used:
- making our archives accessible remotely. We have set aside $10,000 to digitize documents, maps, photographs, diagrams so members can easily obtain these off our web site in the near future.
- allows us to offer unique models of Mopac prototypes that have never been offered in brass, plastic or resin. Our 2015 HO project is an 1150 class caboose that will be a resin kit that was in service from 1939 to 1982. We are also offering a short bay window caboose in HO and N scale with unique numbers available only through the MPHS store.
- maintaining our web site mopac.org
- expand the company store by offering more MP/T&P models, laser kits, books, DVD's, caps, jackets at discounted prices to MPHS members.
- we are also partnering with the State of Missouri to joining share our images so they reach a broader audience.
- having a 1,000 members allows us to review and make plans for expanding our archives.
- finally printing a high quality magazine four times a year and a all color calendar.
Here's how you can help reach our goal:
- if you are not a MPHS member please think about joining today.
- if you know of a railroad museum, hobby shop or train show that is in MoPac territory send the information to our marketing manager so we can get our membership brochures out to them for potential new members to view.
- think about giving a membership to a former MoPac employee as a Christmas or birthday gift.
Buy & Sell on eBay to Support MPHS
You can support the MPHS when you buy and sell on eBay through the eBay Giving Works program. Here’s how. Click Here to visit eBay’s MPHS Giving Works and follow the directions. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see any items currently for sale on eBay that a portion of the proceeds benefit the MPHS.
Feel free to share the MPHS link on any social media site you use, with any potential donor. Once transactions are completed the funds are transferred to the MPHS to help our efforts to preserve the heritage of the Missouri Pacific Railroad. Here is your chance to use eBay to sell your items and also support the work of the MPHS at the same time.
When you sell an item and select the MPHS as your Giving Works participant, the percentage you chose to donate is also used to reduce your eBay listing fees if the item sells. eBay Giving Works tracks your donations and provides the necessary paperwork for tax deduction purposes.
We hope you will consider doing this next time you have something to buy or sell on eBay.
You can support the MPHS by using AmazonSmile to make your puchases. This works just like the regular Amazon site, but Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Missouri Pacific Historical Society. Follow this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/37-1107461. Remember, only purchases made at smile.amazon.com will result in donations.
Check us out on Facebook - Click here to go to our page
Are you a former MoPac employee or did you ever work on former MoPac territory?
If so, check out this news release from the Missouri Pacific Employee Association.