Home Page Forums Prototype and Historical General TP branchline to Crowley La

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Flory
    Participant

I’ve been on a quest to find photographs of this line for awhile and was only able to locate a photo of 4-6-0 191 in Crowley in 1943, 5 years before this obscure branch was abandoned.

before the TP took over in 1915, It was a short line called the Opelousas, Gulf and Northeast. Searching under that name revealed photographs of the wood depot in Opelousas and Rayne, which appeared to be largely identical.

But today, I found a photograph, although mislabeled , what appears to be the Crowley depot. It’s a terrible photograph, but fortunately it’s from the exact same angle as the other two photographs. And if you start counting windows and looking at features that you can see, you can clearly see that the Crowley depot was certainly built from the same plans as the other two.

And as an added bonus, TP number 191 appears to be almost dead on identical to the Bachmann 63 inch driver 10 wheeler. I already have the decals and the correct tender to put behind it, so I have a feeling that 191 is going to appear on my layout in the near future.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.