Home Page Forums Prototype and Historical Buildings & Structures Baird Texas Roundhouse and Immigrant House

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Edward Konczak
    Participant

The T&P reached Baird Texas in late 1880 and became a division center shortly there after with the construction of a roundhouse and associated structures.  My father and uncle were awarded a contract in 1950 to remove the roundhouse ans associated buildings.

My interest is in the Immigrant House, which was constructed by the T&P in the early 1880s to house folks interested in purchasing land in the area.  It was a two story wooden frame construction.  Later it was converted to use as a section gang residence.  The building had been removed by 1918 according to an inventory and description furnished the Interstate Commerce Commission [from Record Group 134, National Archives].  No known photograph had been found.  A drawing exists from a T&P pamphlet encouraging immigration to the location.  I am seeking information/photos on this building or others like it constructed by the T&P.

All help appreciated,        Mike Konczak Baird, Texas [email protected]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.